Thursday, March 12, 2009

Our 2nd Trip to L&D

Well last night was very exciting to say the least.  Around 5 pm I started to have contractions that were anywhere between 5 to 10 minutes apart.  They lasted for about 45 minutes and then as soon as they started they stopped.  At about 7 pm the contractions started up again still about 5 to 10 minutes apart.   By 9pm I started to get that lower back pain and cramping so we decided we better call the doctor and head to the hospital.  When we got to the hospital the contractions were about 4 to 6 minutes apart.  The nurse gave me a shot of terb to stop my contractions.  Luckily they immediately stopped which was such a blessing.  They watched Lucas and I for about 2 hours and gave me a 2nd shot of terb.  The contractions remained stopped and Lucas looked great.  He was moving all around and had a strong heartbeat.  They discharged us at around midnight.  I am now on oral terb every 4 hours to continue to stop the contractions.  The only bad thing about the terb is that it makes you really shaky and gives you bad headaches.  Its almost like really bad caffeine.  We are so grateful that the contractions stopped and can't wait till Monday when we are 32 weeks!!!  I have say that Mike did such a great job last night.  He was so supportive and calm.  He held my hand the entire time.  Mike is such a fantastic husband and Dad.  Our one year anniversary is Sunday...I can't believe how fast the year has gone by and how many blessing we have received :)

No comments:

Post a Comment